[No Associated Data Item]
[No Associated Data Item]
Learn more about family and private ski lessons in Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah.
Families that ski together, learn together. Grab your crew and enjoy a lesson that will improve everyone's skills while emphasizing our commitment to community well-being.
|Ages 3+||10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.||$400||$440||Cost for 1 person, $25 per additional person.|
|One Hour||Multiple time frames||$170||$180|
|Two Hour||Multiple time frames||$315||$335|
|Three Hour||Multiple time frames||$400||$440|
|Full Day||9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.||$650||$715|
Please note that these lessons are only available to all ages 7 and up.
New Private Lessons for the 20/21 Winter Season
|Ages 3-4||1 hour||$110||$120||1-hour consecutive lessons available. If longer than 1 hour, parents must be in attendance. One-on-one only.|
|Ages 5-6||2 hours||$220||$240||This lesson includes a $25 lift ticket bundle. 2-hour consecutive lessons available. If longer than 2 hours, parents must be in attendance.One-on-one only.|
Holiday Periods: 12/24/2020 - 1/2/2021; 1/16/21-1/18/21; 2/13/21
*Rates do not include rental or lift ticket
Community Well-Being: Lesson and Rental Best Practices
- Reservations are required for all lessons and rentals.
- The flow of rental guests is being managed with a two-way texting platform.
- Rental equipment is thoroughly sanitized after each use, including disinfection with electrostatic sprayers.
- Group lessons for 3- to 6-year-olds are not available at this time.
- Guests are not permitted to enter the upper level of the Ski & Ride School building.
- Those in need of a restroom will be directed to other facilities, such as the lower level of Ski & Ride School, Last Chance Lodge, Roundhouse, or Moonbeam Lodge.
Fly Like an Eagle
- Sessions will run from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Sessions will run from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Available for ages 7 and older
- Lunch will not be served
- Teen and adult lessons will occur without a break
- Attendees are to check-in at the Solitude tent on the snow front
- Will be assigned a time to use the Ski & Ride School building for a 15-minute restroom and hot chocolate break.
- All students and instructors must sanitize hands after breaks and restroom use, or after touching anything not belonging to them (such as zipping a coat or buckling helmets).
- Additional private and semi-private lessons have been added to accommodate young children and families.
- Private lessons with children under 7 may use the junior room for restroom breaks.
Team Solitude — Race, Big Mountain, and Devo teams
- Lunch will occur from 11:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m., with groups spread between Last Chance Lodge and Roundhouse.
- Athletes will be seated 2 to 3 per table (dependent on table size)
- Lunch will either be a prepackaged meal or served to the seated athletes. There will be no buffet lines.
Solitude Lodging and Activity Cancellation Policy
- State-mandated mandatory travel ban from the guest’s home state or region
- Solitude ceases operations prior to April 18, 2021
If lodging and/or activities arrangements must be canceled because you or a party member contracts COVID-19 or are otherwise unable to travel, no refunds will be given, however guests may be eligible for a refund through Red Sky Insurance if they purchased coverage with their reservation. Contact Red Sky Insurance for eligibility or to submit a claim.
A deposit equal to one night, including taxes and fees, is due at time of booking. The balance of the reservation, including taxes and fees, is due 30 days prior to arrival. Full payment is due for reservations made within 30 days of arrival.
The Inn at Solitude
Cancellations made prior to 14 days of arrival will be refunded in full. Cancellations made 14 days or less prior to arrival will be responsible for the full payment. No refunds for no-shows, late arrivals, or early departures
Condos, Townhomes, Private Homes
Cancellations made within 72 hours of booking will be refunded in full. Cancellations occurring after 72 hours of booking, but prior to 30 days of arrival, will be refunded the amount of the reservation, less the deposit. Cancellations made 30 days or less prior to arrival will be responsible for the full payment. No refunds for no-shows, late arrivals, or early departures.
Should local public health regulations require us to cease operations or if government-imposed mandatory travel restrictions from the guests’ home state or region restrict planned travel, we will fully refund your lodging deposits and payments. Guests must notify Solitude at least 48 hours prior to their planned arrival and be able to supply documentation of the applicable mandatory travel restrictions. We advise all visitors to purchase Red Sky travel insurance at the time of booking as it may offer financial recovery for those who cancel travel as a result of becoming ill or other reasons not covered by this cancellation policy.