WINTER 22/23 UPHILL TRAVEL POLICY
Weather and conditions permitting, uphill travel is allowed 7 days a week from 4:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on designated routes in the areas of Moonbeam, Link, and Sunrise chairlifts. Visit this page for terrain status and conditions prior to each visit. Uphill travel will not be permitted until the majority of the mountain is open, snowmaking has been completed up in the uphill areas, and as determined by mountain operations and ski patrol.
Accessing this terrain responsibly and within the policy guidelines will help to ensure the success and continuation of this program.
- Participants must obtain an Uphill Travel Pass. Passes are free, valid for the current season, and available during resort operating hours at our guest services desks, located on the lower level of the Snowsports building and Powderhorn ticket office. Participants must show their Uphill Travel Pass to resort personnel when requested.
- The designated uphill route to the top of Sunrise chairlift is Easy Street to Apex base area to Lower Dynamite to Solbright to Timberline to the top of Sunrise. Travel above the top of Sunrise chairlift is not permitted, including travel through the Evening Star gate and Summit Access East.
- Uphill travel is only permitted on the designated route. Do not travel uphill on Northstar, Southstar, Alta Bird, or Blue Spruce.
- Downhill routes from the top of Sunrise are the designated uphill route, Sensation, Roller Coaster, and Timberline.
- The designated uphill route to the top of Moonbeam Express is Main Street. Travel above the top of Moonbeam Express is not permitted.
- Downhill routes from the top of Moonbeam are Main Street, Same Street, and the terrain between these runs.
- Use of the Terrain Park is not allowed. Terrain park equipment and groomers will be operating in and around both parks in the areas of North Star and Main Street.
- Accessing this terrain is done at your own risk.
- Call 911 for injuries or emergency response. Solitude ski patrol is not available, and rescue response time may be prolonged. Cellular service at Solitude can be spotty.
- Skis, splitboards, snowshoes, and hiking are the approved uphill equipment and methods.
- Sledding is not allowed.
- Children in backpacks or child carriers are not allowed.
- Ascend single-file and to either side of the trail. For your safety, ensure you are visible with the use of lights and/or reflective clothing.
- Mountain operations are ongoing. Snowmobiles and groomers in the area must be given a wide berth. Move aside and allow them to pass before continuing. Operator range of sight may be reduced.
- Parking is permitted in the Moonbeam parking lot, via the Moonbeam entry.
- Bathrooms are located on the lower level of the Snowsports building.
- If you pack it in, pack it out.