January is NSAA Safety Month
NSAA Safety Month
Help spread the word about safety in the mountains during NSAA Safety Month and all year long. Children can submit a poster at the Ski & Ride School desk or Club Solitude during January 2022 for a chance to win a Smith helmet.
The winning poster will be:
- Created by an individual child
- Based on one or more element(s) of Your Responsibility Code
- Sized on 8-1/2"x11" or 11"x17" paper
- Drawn with pencil, crayon, or paint - anything two-dimensional (no macaroni, please!)
- Submitted with a completed entry form, found HERE, before January 31. 2022
Every Tuesday in January 2022 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., or until the Moonbeam parking lot is full, occupants of cars with snow tires and four-wheel or all-wheel drive will receive a Solitude sticker from the Moonbeam parking team.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY CODE:
KNOW THE CODE
Please read all signs. Use common sense.
1. Always stay in control and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
2. People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
3. You must not stop where you obstruct a trail or are not visible from above.
4. Whenever starting downhill or merging onto a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
5. Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
6. Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
7. Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride, and unload safely.
Know the code; it’s your responsibility. This is a partial list; be safety conscious.
As a condition and consideration for use of the ski area, the user expressly assumes all risks of injury or death related in any way to snowsports — including the negligence of Solitude Mountain Resort and its employees — while involved with snowsports. The user represents that they are able to load, ride, and unload lifts properly. The user will read all signs and mountain information including the trail map. The right to use the Resort area may be revoked without compensation for violation of this agreement.